Samsung announced the all new Galaxy Note 8 on Wednesday and its no less than your dream smartphone. Also, this is a final attempt by Samsung to wipe off all the Note 7 flunks of last year.
The new Note 8 is strikingly similar to Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and also administers the same uncomfortable fingerprint sensor placed just next to the camera. For me, this is the only drawback as of now for the device as a whole. So, you must be wondering, why would one choose the Note 8 over the Galaxy 8 Plus?
Well, the Note lovers got the edge of Samsung’s S pen. This one accessory adds up to a long list of Note-specific features supported only by its 4096 levels of sensitivity. Here are a few highlights of the Note 8:
- With the S pen in place, Samsung also introduced this new element of sharing hand written notes just like Apple’s iMessage.
- Samsung is also focusing on multitasking by “APP Pair” option, with this one you can launch two apps of your choice at one go in multi-window mode and work on both simultaneously.
- The device also flaunts a dual-camera arrangement. Both the cameras are 12-megapixel. One is a telephoto lens and the other is a wide-angle lens. The lenses have a great optical image stabilization and lets you click two pictures (one with each lens) at the same time with the Dual Capture mode.
- Introduction of more enhancements to the “Screen off memo” feature with ability to scroll through up to 100 pages now.
GALAXY NOTE 8 SPECS:
- 3-inch Quad HD+ (2960×1440) Super AMOLED
- US: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- International: Samsung Exynos Octa core
- Back: Dual 12MP cameras with OIS.
Wide-angle f/1.7, Telephoto f/2.4
- Front: 8MP f/1.7
- 64GB(US) / 128GB / 256GB –
- microSD expansion
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- USB Type-C
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 5mm headphone jack
- LTE Cat. 16
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
The Note 8 release is very much to make up for last year’s Note 7 and Samsung assures that it is more committed to the Note line than ever before. The company is sticking to the Note series because they are very well aware of how much the users love it and are more productive and creative while using the device.
Samsung has made a comeback swiftly and gradually with the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and now tries to take a step towards the better by introducing the all new Galaxy Note 8 which currently has no match and stands tall as one of the best and powerful devices in the market. The device is available for pre-orders from 24 August and will be shipped from September 15 in the U.S. only. The colors one can avail in the U.S. are Black and Gray while for the international market it will be available in Gold and Blue colors.